Sat, 30 Mar|
Pet First Aid Level 2 (VTQ)
Learn Pet CPR, Choking, Controlling Bleeding and more!
Time & Location
30 Mar 2024, 09:30 – 14:30
Slanjava Learning , 6 Nelson St, Kilmarnock KA1 2AA, UK
About the event
Enrol in our Pet First Aid Level 2 (VTQ) course and be ready to act when it matters most!
Whether you're a pet owner, professional caregiver, or animal enthusiast, this hands-on training equips you with the knowledge and confidence to handle common pet emergencies effectively.
From CPR and wound care to handling choking incidents and identifying signs of distress, our expert instructors guide you through practical scenarios, ensuring you're prepared to act swiftly and decisively in any situation.
Join us to become your pet's first line of defense, because their well-being is in your hands!
All delegates will receive a Student Manual (.pdf) and a Student Pack containing dressings, bandages and more.
- A minimum of five contact hours in the classroom, consisting of practical and theoretical activities.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is Pet First Aid?
- Checking your pet's health
- Car accidents
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Controlling bleeding
- Pet First Aid kits
- and more...
- Summative practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor, along with a written assessment.
- A Pet First Aid Level 2 (VTQ) certificate and CPD Time Credit statemenet will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
- Our Pet First Aid courses are limited to a maximum of 12 participants. This helps guarantee a comfortable learning environment, allowing ample time and space for everyone to engage in extensive hands-on practice. Delegates must be aged 18 or over.
- What qualification do I get after attending?
You will receive a Pet First Aid Level 2 (VTQ) certificate and a CPD Time Credit statement.
- Do you use real pets on the course?
We use a specially designed pet first aid manikin called CasPeR and our toy pet models for the first aid skills practice. The anatomy features a full body, molded in the appropriate position in which to give CPR, nostrils, retractable tongue, moveable jaw, sanitary replaceable airway, foam-filled body for chest compression resistance, and a femoral pulse.
- Can I bring my pet along to the course?
Our courses are designed to provide a focused and controlled learning environment for all participants. To ensure the safety and concentration of all attendees, we kindly request that participants do not bring their pets to the Pet First Aid course.
If you would prefer to have your pet with you on a course, we can run these from your home or organisation for small groups where we would be delighted to meet your pet!
- Where does the course take place?
The course is held in our venue Slanjava Learning, 1st Floor, 6 Nelson Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 2AA. We are a approx. 5 minute walk from Kilmarnock trainin station and Kilmarnock bus station.
If you have any other questions, please contact us and we would be happy to help.
- Ticket type
Pet First Aid Level 2 (VTQ)PriceFrom £29.99 to £49.99
- Ayrshire Chamber of Commerce£39.99